The Economic Development Commission will recommendations to City Council by researching and studying topics related to economic development. In addition, the Commission will provide an annual report to the Council so as to ensure transparency.
In order to qualify for this appointment, individuals must possess subject matter expertise in at least one of the following economic development industry segments listed below, however, no two voting Commission members shall have subject matter expertise in the same industry segment. Membership on the Commission shall be limited to individuals who represent the industry segments listed here.
- Chamber of Commerce Representative
- Commercial Real Estate Developer
- Local Business Owner
- Higher Education Institution
- Workforce Development Agency, Small Business Development Center (SBDC), or Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Financial Institution (bank or credit union)
- Tahoma School District Representative
- Public Utility (electric, water/sewer, telecommunications)
- Visitor Attraction
Commission members shall serve three-year terms and Alternate Commissioners shall serve two-year terms.
Press Release [PDF]
Application [PDF]Questions concerning this position should be directed to Tim Morgan, Economic Development Manager at (425) 413-8800.
Parks & Recreation Open House - Future Playground at Summit park
We need your help to design a NEW playground at Summit Park
- Date: 02/15/2018 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Lake Wilderness Lodge
22500 SE 248th Street
Maple Valley, Washington 98038
Join city of Maple Valley staff, the project architect, and NW Playground Equipment staff at an open house to discuss the future playground at Summit Park. You will learn about the project, meet the playground designer, and most importantly, contribute your ideas on the elements you'd like to see in the new playground. Three draft designs will be presented.
News Release [PDF]
Open House Poster [PDF]