The Economic Development Commission will recommendations to City Council by researching and studying topics related to economic development. In addition, the Commission will provide an annual report to the Council so as to ensure transparency.
In order to qualify for this appointment, individuals must possess subject matter expertise in at least one of the following economic development industry segments listed below, however, no two voting Commission members shall have subject matter expertise in the same industry segment. Membership on the Commission shall be limited to individuals who represent the industry segments listed here.
- Chamber of Commerce Representative
- Commercial Real Estate Developer
- Local Business Owner
- Higher Education Institution
- Workforce Development Agency, Small Business Development Center (SBDC), or Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Financial Institution (bank or credit union)
- Tahoma School District Representative
- Public Utility (electric, water/sewer, telecommunications)
- Visitor Attraction
Commission members shall serve three-year terms and Alternate Commissioners shall serve two-year terms.
Press Release [PDF]
Application [PDF]Questions concerning this position should be directed to Tim Morgan, Economic Development Manager at (425) 413-8800.
Wedding Open House at Lake Wilderness Lodge
- Date: 02/24/2018 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Lake Wilderness Lodge
22500 SE 248th Street
Maple Valley, Washington 98038
- Introduction: The City of Maple Valley invites you to an elegant afternoon at our Lake Wilderness Lodge Wedding Open House! Lake Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful venue for wedding receptions, ceremonies, and rehearsal dinners.
At this intimate showcase, you will have the opportunity to explore the venue and connect with vendors. We know that large shows can be overwhelming, this open house is designed to allow our couples to enjoy the laid back atmosphere and build a relationship with the experts on hand. Brides & grooms have lots of questions and this open house will allow each couple time to get their questions answered and get inside tips from experienced professionals.
This is a free event that will have a professionals representing the following categories:
For more information call: 425-432-9953
Event Flyer [PDF]