Deputy City Clerk
- Type:Regular Full-Time Position
- Salary/Pay Rate:$69,701 - $88,194/DOE + Benefits
- Posted Date:03/21/2018
The City of Maple Valley seeks to hire a full-time Deputy City Clerk. This position assists the City Clerk in fulfilling the responsibilities of the office of the City Clerk including but not limited to:
- Researches public records and provides information to the public, committees, commissions, and staff members concerning City Council actions, Planning Commission actions, city code, ordinances, procedures, and projects; independently composes responses to requests for information
- Attends a minimum of two Planning Commission meetings per month, acts as parliamentarian, takes minutes, and is responsible for meeting set up
- Maintains contract files and all related records including monitoring insurance and contract expiration dates and notifying project managers as to the status of each contract
- Assists in the Public Works project bid process, providing staff support and attending public bid openings
- Assists the City Clerk with recording and filing of City resolutions and ordinances, and codification of City ordinances, including proofing of final codified version before printing
- Prepares public notices and legal notices as directed by City Clerk and in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements
- Provides back up for front desk receptionist and passport services, as needed
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or legal assistant training or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience as a City Clerk, Deputy City Clerk, or four years commensurate experience in public administration
- In addition to the minimum criteria listed above, preferred criteria include designation as a Certified Municipal Clerk or the ability to achieve certification within three years; experience using State of Washington General Records Retention Schedules; experience using and creating Access database applications; and experience with website maintenance.
This is a full-time, FLSA Exempt position and requires some evening work hours. The Salary Range is $69,701 – $88,194 DOE + competitive benefits.
Position Open Until Filled with First Review of Applications on April 2, 2018. A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment, Cover Letter, and Resume must be submitted. Please use the links provided below for a full job description and application for employment. If you have any questions, please call (425) 413-8800.
Job Description [PDF]