WSDOT Paving Project on SR 18, Westbound between SE 231st ST and West Valley Highway, to effect traffic May 2018 through Fall 2018
Maple Valley staff has been notified of road construction and lane closures from May 14, 2018, through Fall 2018. For more information and people who regularly travel SR 18, please use this link to the WSDOT project page or go directly to: https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/SR18/wbwvalleyhwysvictose231stpave/home.
WSDOT will be repaving a 13-mile portion of Westbound SR 18, between SE 231st Street and the West Valley Highway (SR 167). Most of the work will take place overnight, from 9:00 PM through 5:00 AM, although some work may impact the daytime commute. SR 18 will remain open for most of the work, but people who drive SR 18 overnight should plan for numerous ramp closures during the project. Signed detours will be in place for each ramp closure.
All work is weather dependent and will be shifted as necessary due to the effects of mother nature.
- This project has been Awarded to Tucci & Sons Inc.
- Construction is scheduled to begin in spring 2018.
- Sign up to receive email updates about this project and other South King County topics.
- January 2018: Project was advertised for competitive bidding.
- Spring 2018: Project awarded to Tucci and Sons Inc.
- Spring 2018: Construction will begin.
- Fall 2018: Work will be completed.
For more information about the project, please contact Tom Pearce, WSDOT Communications at (206) 440-4696 or Pearcet@wsdot.wa.gov.