- Restart Legacy Site planning process as part of the Comprehensive Plan update.
- Support the Tahoma School District's efforts to prepare its students for today's workforce and its investigation into the viability of locating a new high school on the King County-owned Summit Place property.
- As a Council priority, continue to work with the economic development committee to develop an environment that will attract commercial investment to the City that will, in turn, lead to creating living wage jobs within Maple Valley. Work to maintain long-term fiscal stability through efforts to diversify the City's tax base.
- Support Public Works efforts to gain grant funding for SR 169 improvements - Projects T-7 (SB lane extension from Witte to 228th) and T-31 (expansion between 258th and 264th).
- Continue participation in the SEATS Coalition (need DMU Study).
- Continue to monitor the progress of the WSDOT SR 516 Corridor Study.
- Support the Maple Valley Police Department’s speed enforcement warning program and alternative diversion education program.
- Advocate and participate in the update of the Maple Valley Non-motorized Transportation Plan.
Parks, Recreation, Cultural & Human Services
Facilitate process to develop recreation facilities with appropriate partners to meet the recreation demands from Maple Valley families.
Support the efforts to make needed improvements to Lake Wilderness Park and Lodge in light of the increased use of the park by Maple Valley residents.
Support the community events that use the Lake Wilderness Park facilities throughout the year.
to work with the City Councils from Covington and Black Diamond and King County Parks Department on developing the Tri-City trail concept.
- Support Public Works efforts in meeting NPDES federal compliance regarding stormwater management.
- Finalize the annexation of the Summit Place property (aka Donut Hole).
Quality City Services
- Review Public Works Department recommendations regarding solid waste franchise agreements for services with the City limits.
- Continue to support efforts of Black Diamond, Covington, and Maple Valley in identifying opportunities where the three communities can work together/share resources to maximize efficiencies and better use public funds.
- Continue strong participation in the Sound Cities Association and associated committees.