Maple Valley Parks & Recreation and Thrive Community Fitness join the same team this fall to provide our popular Pee-Wee Soccer League. This coed league is a non-competitive, instructional league for children to learn teamwork and the basics of soccer (dribbling, passing, shooting and beginning defense). Team size is limited to 8 players. Teams practice once a week (day/time determined by the team's volunteer coach) and play one game on grass fields on Saturdays at Lake Wilderness Park.
Pee-Wee Soccer League Details
- Registration begins August 7
- Registration deadline is August 17
- Player fee $70
- Player fee includes a team t-shirt and soccer ball
- Players must provide their shorts/sweatpants and cleats/running shoes
- Season runs September 15-October 27
- Practices begin the week of September 4
- Teams practice weeknights, once a week for one hour
- Players that need a specific practice time can include special requests on the registration notes when registering (e.g. "cannot practice Tuesdays"). Special requests are not guaranteed.
- No goalkeepers are allowed in this league!
- Boys and girls play together
- Players age determined as of August 1 of the current year
- 4 year old players can choose to play in the 5/6 division with parent permission but players may not play down a division
Volunteer Coaches are ALWAYS Needed! Coaching a team requires a 2-3 hour commitment each week for practices and games and the Parks & Recreation Department supplies coaching information at the preseason Coach's Meeting. Best of all, volunteer coaches can choose the team's practice day and time that works best for your schedule! To volunteer please complete the paperwork below and e-mail those documents to Bobby Quick. Coaches will then receive instructions for completing a background check and will receive additional documents from our HR Depart.
Coach's Volunteer Paperwork
How do I sponsor my child's team? For $175 sponsors can have their logo printed on the front of one team's t-shirts. Sponsoring a team is a great way to advertise and the children love wearing their t-shirts around even after the season ends. Please call Bobby at (425) 432-9953 for more information.
Youth Sports Sponsorship Form
Maple Valley Parks & Recreation
League Coordinator: Bobby Quick . 425/432-9953 . Bobby.Quick@maplevalleywa.gov