Maple Valley has contracted with the Sheriff's Office for police services since 1997. The department has ten Patrol Officers, one Traffic officer, two Problem Solving Emphasis Team detectives, a full time Detective, one Police Chief, and one Sergeant. In addition we have a police administrative assistant at our front office to assist with community support and administrative police services. We also benefit by receiving additional Sheriff’s Office support such as air support from Guardian One (the Sheriff’s Office helicopter), drug enforcement, marine unit, 911 communication services and major crimes investigative support.
The mission of the Maple Valley Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in our city by working in partnership with the community to provide exceptional law enforcement services.
- Protect the lives and property of our fellow citizens and impartially enforce the law.
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
- Provide cost effective police services continuously monitored by performance measures.
- Utilize proactive, problem solving approaches to reduce crime and the fear of crime.
- Value human life, respect the dignity of each individual and render our services with courtesy and civility.
- Earn the trust, respect and support of citizens through active partnership, involvement and service in the community.
The Maple Valley Police Department is dedicated to Community-Oriented Policing (COP) and one of the key components of COP is problem solving. We have adopted structured problem solving techniques as our normal way of addressing crime and safety issues in the city. We are using crime analysis information available to us through technology services to concentrate our efforts where they are needed the most.