- Support the update of the City's zoning code and design regulations to reflect the City's vision as articulated in the updated Comprehensive Plan.
- Continue to work with the Tahoma School District to achieve its goal of opening the new high school/regional education center by August 2017 and to build a new Lake Wilderness Elementary School by 2018.
- Continue to work with the Tahoma School District to package the services of the new regional education center as an anchor to attract private commercial investment to locate living-wage jobs on the property adjacent to the new center.
- Hire an economic development coordinator for the City.
- Hold an economic development retreat with the City Council in the 1st quarter of 2017.
Park & Recreation
- Facilitate process, with the Parks & Recreation Commission, to develop recreation facilities with appropriate partners to meet recreation demands from Maple Valley families through a voted bond initiative.
- Support the efforts of the same groups to craft a plan of action that will direct the projects funded by the passed voted-bond issue.
- Continue to support the community events that use the Lake Wilderness Park facilities throughout the year.
- Continue to work with the King County Sheriff's Office in providing good police services to City citizens through the existing contract.
- Participate in localized emergency preparedness drills utilizing the City's newly updated Emergency Preparedness Plan and the new Emergency Operations Center.
- Work with the City Police Department and our new Domestic Violence Advocate to increase community awareness of the issues pertaining to domestic violence.
- Work with public/private partnership on establishing a men's transitional housing unit within SE King County to aid our growing population of homeless men, many of whom suffer from mental health and drug addiction issues.
- Increase patrols of our trails system in and around the city.
- Continue to support the Public Works Department staff in its efforts with the 216th SE Avenue improvement project and the planning phase of the Witte Rd. Phase 5 project.
- Continue to support City staff's efforts to use programs that will keep Maple Valley NPDES compliant (goat mowing, pond improvements, community education).
- Continue to support the Public Works staff in efforts to improve water quality of storm runoff.
- Continue involvement in regional groups dealing with transportation issues.
Quality City Services
- Continue to support efforts of Black Diamond, Covington, and Maple Valley in identifying opportunities where the three communities can work together/share resources to maximize efficiencies and better use of public funds.
- Continue strong participation in the Sound Cities Association and associated committees.