Event & Facility Specialist - Parks & Rec
- Type:Regular Part-Time Position
- Salary/Pay Rate:$29,274 - $37,041 ($28.15/Hour-$35.62/Hour)/DOE
- Posted Date:12/06/2018
The City of Maple Valley Parks & Recreation Department seeks to hire a Part-Time Event & Facility Specialist (20 hours/week) to perform a variety of functions related to the scheduling of Summit Park and other City-owned facilities.
Under the supervision of the Event & Facility Coordinator, this position in addition to the scheduling of Summit Park and other City-owned facilities will provide information to the public, process payments, provide general office support and the promote, contract and schedule rentals.
Among other job responsibilities, this position will:
- Schedule events and activities at Summit Park
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures to help manage rentals
- Assists the Event and Facility Coordinator in managing rental schedules, objectives and tasks of the Parks and Recreation Department
- Interact professionally with all clients (in person, by phone, or email). Communicate with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Possess strong attention to detail and passion for customer service
- Assist with directing staff & vendors during rental set-up and assist when needed
- Proactively handle issues and troubleshoot emerging problems before, during, and after an event
- Establish and maintain strong team relationships with co-workers and peers
- Create weekly rental schedules, signage and event layouts
- Assist with scheduling of event staff, event set-up, and facility/event clean-up
- Evaluate completed events and follows up with clients to collect feedback and reviews
- Routinely uses computer rental software programs
Education, Skills & Experience Requirements:
(Please visit www.maplevalleywa.gov and view the full job description for a complete list)
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers and the public both verbally and in writing; ability to handle stressful and occasionally confrontational situations and present a positive image of City service
- Two years college-level course work in recreation or closely related field. Bachelor’s degree in Recreation preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in event, facility management, hospitality or recreation-related service
This position is FLSA non-exempt and is eligible for over-time compensation and pro-rated benefits. The 2019 Part-time salary range is $29,274 - $37, 041 ($28.15/hour - $35.62/hour), DOE.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment, resume, and cover letter must be submitted. Please visit the City’s website at www.maplevalleywa.gov or call (425) 413-8800 for a full job description and application. Applications may be mailed, hand-delivered, faxed or emailed to email@example.com. Position is Open Until filled with first review of applications on December 21st, 2018.
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Description [PDF]
Employment Application [PDF] Fillable, works best with Google Chrome