Maintenance Worker I - Public Works
- Type:Regular Full-Time Position
- Salary/Pay Rate:$47,360 - $59,926 ($22.77/Hour-$28.81/Hour)/DOE
- Posted Date:12/06/2018
The City of Maple Valley Public Works Department seeks to hire a Full-time, Maintenance Worker I to perform a variety of semi-skilled duties in the maintenance and repair of street, and surface water facilities.
Under the supervision of the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager, this position will mow, edge, weed, fertilize and trim planted areas. The person in this position must demonstrate the proper and safe operation of a variety of light and medium duty vehicles, specialized equipment, hand and power tools and be able to perform manual labor and performs other duties as assigned.
In addition to other job responsibilities, this position will:
- Perform vegetation control using hand, power, and riding machinery as well as the application of chemicals to weeds, grass and insects
- Using hand tools, clean and repair catch basins, manholes, storm lines, retention/detention ponds, and vaults
- Break and remove asphalt or other surfaces using air, electric, or hydraulic jackhammers, chipping guns, pick, shovel, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair to department equipment and vehicles including maintaining filters, hoses, fuel, oil and other fluid levels
- Operate maintenance and construction equipment, including but not limited to, backhoe, dump truck, power mowers (riding or walk-behind), and other power and manual hand tools
Education, Skills & Experience Requirements:
(Please visit www.maplevalleywa.gov and view the full job description for a complete list)
- Perform a variety of responsible duties in the maintenance, repair, and construction of Public Works facilities
- Operate, service and make minor repairs to tools and equipment used in general maintenance work
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public
- Be available to work and be on-call to respond to emergency situations such as flooding, hazardous spills and snow and ice control and removal during other than normal work hours
- Demonstrated ability to positively and effectively interact with diverse individuals to accomplish a common goal
- Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and any experience in a maintenance, repair, or construction field
- Landscape or municipal maintenance experience preferred
This position is FLSA non-exempt and is eligible for over-time compensation and benefits. The 2019 salary range is $47,360 - $59,926 ($22.77/hour - $28.81/hour), DOE.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment, resume, and cover letter must be submitted. Please visit the City’s website at www.maplevalleywa.gov or call (425) 413-8800 for a full job description and application. Applications may be mailed, hand-delivered, faxed or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is Open Until filled with first review of applications on December 21st, 2018.
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Description [PDF]
Employment Application [PDF] Fillable, works best with Google Chrome