- Type:Regular Full-Time Position
- Salary/Pay Rate:$85,533 - $108,226 DOE
- Posted Date:03/06/2019 12:48 PM
The City of Maple Valley Community Devleopment Department seeks to hire a Full-time, Building Official.
Under the supervision of the Community Development Manager, this position provides coordination of the building division and specialized assistance with building inspections to ensure the City is in compliance with all statutory requirements. The Building Official is responsible for the review and approval of various building and construction plans for applications to the City for both residential and commercial permits. In addition, the Building Official supervises, coordinates and conducts construction-related and code enforcement-related field inspections to assure compliance with all applicable regulations, codes, and procedures (building, plumbing, mechanical, energy, grading, development regulations, signs, etc.). The position also assists the public with permit and code enforcement-related questions; assists with formal code interpretation questions; works cooperatively with the Community Development Manager to improve and refine City procedures; and attends to other assigned duties.
In addition to other job responsibilities, this position will:
- Manages and performs inspections of residential and commercial buildings in the process of construction, alteration, demolition or repair for compliance with applicable code requirements; application of safe construction practices; and other regulations or ordinances relating to safety, health and welfare of the public
- Participates in land use pre-application conferences to provide information on building code related issues
- Assists the Community Development Manager with the preparation of Department’s budget by estimating anticipated revenues and expenditures in assigned areas of responsibility
- Reviews building plans for code compliance and manages the processing of building permits, including reviewing plans, inspecting projects and issuing certificates of occupancy
- Reviews state building code, proposed new code provisions and proposed legislation for impacts on the City, including compatibility with City ordinances and codes; recommends proposed City comments on draft state rules, regulations and legislation
- Coordinates plan review and building inspection with the Fire Marshal, Public Works, consultants and others as necessary
Education, Skills & Experience Requirements:
(Please view the full job description for a complete list of requirements)
- Building construction technology
- International Building Code, International Residential Code, Uniform Plumbing Code, mechanical codes, energy codes, Accessibilityrequirements, and other applicable codes
- Field inspection techniques and procedures, including investigating citizen complaints regarding health, safety or nuisance issues
- Plan examination procedures and fee computation
This position is FLSA Exempt and is not eligible over-time compensation. The salary range is $85,533 - $108,226 DOE plus excellent benefits.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment, resume, and cover letter must be submitted. Applications may be mailed, hand-delivered, faxed or emailed to email@example.com. Position is Open Until filled.
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Description [PDF]
Employment Application - Fillable [PDF] - Works best with Google Chrome