Parks Maintenance Helper
- Type:Limited Part-Time Position
- Salary/Pay Rate:$17.00 - $20.00 Per Hour/DOE
- Posted Date:11/08/2019 2:11 PM
The City of Maple Valley Parks & Recreation Department seeks to hire a Limited Part-Time Maintenance Helper.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Worker III (Parks Lead), this position performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties in the maintenance and repair of parks, and open space facilities. The Parks Maintenance Helper must operate a variety of vehicles, specialized equipment, and hand and power tools in an efficient and safe manner. The work hours for this position can vary from week to week and will involve weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holiday hours, and at times may require a split shift. This is a limited part-time position and work hours will not exceed 17 per week. This is an FLSA non-exempt position, eligible for overtime compensation.
In addition to other job responsibilities, this position will:
- Maintains park grounds including trash and debris pickup
- Maintains vegetation using hand, power, and riding machinery
- Assists in planting, pruning and maintenance of trees, shrubs, and other vegetation
- Assists in the set-up and breakdown of equipment for recreation events including stage, tents, tables, chairs and signage
- Prepares athletic fields including watering, dragging, lining and setting bases
- Performs routine maintenance and repair to equipment and vehicles including maintaining filters, hoses, fuel, oil and other fluid levels
- Operates parks maintenance equipment, including but not limited to, power mowers (riding or walk-behind), and other power and manual hand tools
- Monitors and reports park conditions, hazards, vandalism, suspicious activities, and facilities or equipment in need of repair to appropriate staff
- Assists park visitors with appropriate park use, including clarification of park rules and reservation policies
- Assists other staff and performs other duties as assigned
Education, Skills & Experience Requirements:
(Please visit www.maplevalleywa.gov and view the full job description for a complete list)
- Perform a variety of responsible duties in the maintenance and repair of parks facilities
- Operate, service and make minor repairs to tools and equipment used in park maintenance work
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public
- Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and any experience in municipal park maintenance, landscaping, repair, or construction field (preferred)
This position is FLSA non-exempt and is eligible for over-time compensation and benefits. The salary range is $17.00 to $20.00 Per Hour, DOE.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment must be submitted. Please visit the City’s website at maplevalleywa.gov or call (425) 413-8800 for a full job description and application. Applications may be mailed, hand-delivered, faxed or emailed to email@example.com. Position is Open Until filled.
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Description [PDF]
Employment Application - Fillable [PDF] Work best when used with Google Chrome