Winter Storm Cleanup Update - March 8, 2019
The worst of the winter weather appears to be behind us (fingers crossed), and cleanup efforts are underway. Here's what's happening in the City of Maple Valley and information about how to report debris in the right-of-way and potholes:
- Right-of-Way Tree and Branch Cleanup
- Public Works crews have been and will continue to perform cleanup of trees and broken branches that have fallen into the right-of-way and onto sidewalks.
- Post Snow and Ice Sand Cleanup
- There were many tons of sand applied to roadways during the February winter storm event. Cleanup of the sand within the right-of-way has started. Crews will work to clean main arterials first and then residential streets. The goal is to have all streets cleaned up by the first week of April.
- Pothole Repairs
- Many potholes have developed as a result of the inclement winter weather. Because it is still cold and wet outside, crews are temporarily repairing potholes with cold mix asphalt patches. Permanent repairs will be made in the summer when the weather is warmers and drier.
To report debris in the right-of-way and/or potholes, please call 425-413-8800 or fill out an online Citizen Request Form.