Shaunna Lee-Rice, City Clerk/ Emergency Management /Public Information Officer
- Andrew Dacuag, Deputy City Clerk
- Carol Blevens, Administrative Assistant II
- Jessica Christensen, Administrative Assistant I
- Kym Sulman, Administrative Assistant I
The mission of the City Clerk's Office is to maintain the public trust in the integrity of the local political process through the implementation of all locally and State-mandated requirements for public involvement in the decision-making process, to ensure an accurate archival record of the City's activities, and to facilitate public access to those records.
The City Clerk Department provides a variety of services that support the City Council, City Departments, and City residents.
The City Clerk Department is responsible for coordinating production of City Council agendas and meeting materials, transcribing meeting minutes, and maintaining the City’s official documents, including ordinances, resolutions, and meeting minutes.
The City Clerk's Office is also responsible for the following:
- Acceptance of Boards, Commissions, and Committee applications
- Acceptance of Claims for Damages
- Support for all City elections
- Maintenance of records of contracts and Interlocal Agreements
- Codification of the Maple Valley Municipal Code
- Notary Services
- Passport Services
- Pet Licenses
- Staff assistance to the Economic Development Commission, Library Advisory Board, and the Public Safety Oversight Committee
- Public Records Requests
- Public notices and other communication
- Maintenance of the City’s official records per State guidelines
- Maintenance of the City’s website
- City Clerk serves as the Emergency Management Specialist and Public Information Officer