Welcome to the City of Maple Valley's Emergency Management information page. This page contains emergency management information, resource links for businesses and residents.
The Maple Valley City Council Municipal Code established the Emergency Management plan under the direction of the City Manager. The Emergency Management Director has been designated by the City Manager and is designated to coordinate emergency preparedness and management activities within the City of Maple Valley.
The Emergency Management team of the City of Maple Valley is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate the maintenance and exercising of the City's Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan [PDF], which provides the framework for organizational activities during disaster operations.
- Provide a community education and preparedness program for the residential, school, and business communities to assist them in developing self-sufficiency.
- Provide assistance to City departments in training activities for the development of contract-responder capabilities. Foster an atmosphere of interagency cooperation within the City of Maple Valley and with community support groups, adjacent jurisdictions as well as county, state, and federal agencies.
During a disaster such as a major windstorm, flooding, or earthquake, all official radio communication channels within the City could potentially be jammed with emergency traffic. Recognizing the uncertain nature of emergency communications, individuals and families need to develop a degree of self-reliance for the first week. To help prepare for a disaster, the City of Maple Valley encourages citizens to:
- Assemble a Disaster Supply Kit
- Develop a Family Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Learn CPR and First Aid
- Determine a central contact (preferably out of the area)
- Determine a central meeting point outside your home
- Find out how to shut off the water, gas, and electricity
- Attend an Disaster Preparedness Class
There are no incident-specific emergency events at this time. During an emergency the Maple Valley Emergency Operations Center will be activated. The Emergency Operations Center (EOC) phone number is 425-413-5991, this number is only active during an EOC activation.
Media and Public Information Contact
Emergency Public Information Officer (PIO)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 425-413-8800 ext 621 Mobile: 206-391-2481
No reports of utility disruptions have been reported at this time.
In the event of an emergency, please visit Puget Sound Energy's website for more information.
December 13, 2019 Update:
T-39 Project Update: Road Closure
We are expecting a major change in the traffic along the project as follows:
Next Wednesday night Dec 18, SR 169 (Maple Valley-Black Diamond Rd) between Witte Rd SE and SE 240th Street will be closed from 9pm to 5am. The closure will allow the City’s contractor to safely install a new signal at SE 240thStreet, move the northbound travel lane next to the new curb, and create a safe work zone for the median construction. A signed detour will be in place along Witte Rd SE to SE 240th Street.
Thursday morning, SR 169 will be open with southbound traffic in the same two travel lanes and no left turns allowed at 225th Ave SE. Northbound traffic will be shifted adjacent to the new curb and no left turns will be allowed into Wilderness Village until after the construction has been completed. U-turns will be allowed at SE 240th Street.
We anticipate that by February, the median will be completed and two northbound and two southbound travel lanes will be open. Final asphalt paving and striping will be completed as weather and temperature allows in the spring.
Your patience will be appreciated.
For questions, please contact Tawni Dalziel at 425-413-8800 or email@example.com.
During adverse weather conditions the King County winter shelter information is maintained by the 2-1-1 Crisis Clinic at http://www.cehkc.org/scope/shelters.aspx.
King County Sheriff's Office
The City of Maple Valley contracts for police services with the King County Sheriff's Office. In the event of an emergency, dial 9-1-1. For non-emergencies please call the non-emergency number 206-269-3311. For more information visit the King County Sheriff's Office website.
Maple Valley Fire and Life Safety
The City of Maple Valley is located in the Maple Valley Fire and Life Safety Fire District. In the event of an emergency, dial 9-1-1. For information please call 425-432-0200 or visit the Maple Valley Fire and Life Safety website.
Tahoma School District
In the event of an emergency, please visit the Tahoma School District’s website for up-to-date information.