Welcome to the City of Maple Valley's Emergency Management information page. This page contains emergency management information, resource links for businesses and residents.
The Maple Valley City Council Municipal Code established the Emergency Management plan under the direction of the City Manager. The Emergency Management Director has been designated by the City Manager and is designated to coordinate emergency preparedness and management activities within the City of Maple Valley.
The Emergency Management team of the City of Maple Valley is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate the maintenance and exercising of the City's Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan [PDF], which provides the framework for organizational activities during disaster operations.
- Provide a community education and preparedness program for the residential, school, and business communities to assist them in developing self-sufficiency.
- Provide assistance to City departments in training activities for the development of contract-responder capabilities. Foster an atmosphere of interagency cooperation within the City of Maple Valley and with community support groups, adjacent jurisdictions as well as county, state, and federal agencies.
During a disaster such as a major windstorm, flooding, or earthquake, all official radio communication channels within the City could potentially be jammed with emergency traffic. Recognizing the uncertain nature of emergency communications, individuals and families need to develop a degree of self-reliance for the first week. To help prepare for a disaster, the City of Maple Valley encourages citizens to:
- Assemble a Disaster Supply Kit
- Develop a Family Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Learn CPR and First Aid
- Determine a central contact (preferably out of the area)
- Determine a central meeting point outside your home
- Find out how to shut off the water, gas, and electricity
- Attend an Disaster Preparedness Class
There are no incident-specific emergency events at this time. During an emergency the Maple Valley Emergency Operations Center will be activated. The Emergency Operations Center (EOC) phone number is 425-413-5991, this number is only active during an EOC activation.
Media and Public Information Contact
Emergency Public Information Officer (PIO)
Office: 425-413-8800 ext 621
No reports of utility disruptions have been reported at this time.
In the event of an emergency, please visit Puget Sound Energy's website for more information.
There are no current road closures or restrictions.
During adverse weather conditions the King County winter shelter information is maintained by the 2-1-1 Crisis Clinic at http://www.cehkc.org/scope/shelters.aspx.
King County Sheriff's Office
The City of Maple Valley contracts for police services with the King County Sheriff's Office. In the event of an emergency, dial 9-1-1. For non-emergencies please call the non-emergency number 206-269-3311. For more information visit the King County Sheriff's Office website.
Maple Valley Fire and Life Safety
The City of Maple Valley is located in the Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority District. In the event of an emergency, dial 9-1-1. For information please call 425-432-0200 or visit the Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority website.
Tahoma School District
In the event of an emergency, please visit the Tahoma School District’s website for up-to-date information.