Maple Valley Snow Plowing & Sanding Routes Map
- Snow Plowing & Sanding Routes Map (PDF) - City Map Page
Winter Preparedness Tips
The impacts of winter weather conditions - wind, rain, and freezing temperatures - can leave your family isolated or in the dark for hours or days at a time. It's important to plan ahead so you are ready to take winter by storm. Take these simple steps:
- Make a plan. Know how you and your loved ones will communicate when communication systems are down, and where you will meet if separated.
- Build a kit. Include food, water, medications, toiletries, a first aid kit, flashlight and extra batteries, warm blankets and clothing, and other essential supplies for every member of your household (including pets). Keep a kit at home and in your car.
- Stay informed. Monitor local radio stations for important safety information and updates. Be sure to have a battery-operated radio and extra batteries on hand.
It's also a good idea to get to know your neighbors. During winter emergencies you can help each other and share needed resources. Find more tips and checklists at www.takewinterbystorm.org.
See below for additional tips:
- Emergency Supplies
- Winterize Your Home
- Staying Warm Indoors
- Protecting Water Pipes
- If The Lights Go Out
- Generator Safety
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Fire Safety
- Kerosene Heaters
- Clearing Your Roof
- Neighborhood Safety
- Road Safety
- Outdoor Safety
Related Links for Winter Preparedness