Positions that are on-going in nature and have a regular schedule of at least 20 hours per week are considered regular positions. The employees in these positions have the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance: Full-time regular employees are eligible for medical insurance coverage for themselves and their dependents, with some restrictions. Part-time employees are eligible for coverage on a pro-rata basis.
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability: Coverage is provided for all regular employees.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: The City offers a flexible spending account program, allowing regular employees to set aside pre-tax funds to pay for eligible health-related and dependent care costs each year.
- Retirement: The City participates in the Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), which requires a mandatory employee contribution. Additionally, the City offers a 401(a) retirement savings plan in lieu of social security, and a voluntary 457 retirement savings program.
- Paid Leave: The City offers vacation, sick leave and 11 paid holidays to full-time employees. Leave schedules are pro-rated for part-time employees.
- Employee Assistance Program: The City offers an employee assistance program with counseling, resource and referral services.
Temporary/Seasonal and Limited Part-Time Positions
Positions that are expected to last less than 5 months, or will be limited to less than 70 hours per month are not considered regular positions. Employees in these positions participate in the City's 401(a) retirement savings plan, in lieu of social security, but do not participate in the other benefits listed above.