Notary services are typically available Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. No appointment is necessary, however calling ahead is suggested. There is no fee for this service.
Here are some simple rules regarding Notary services:
- Notaries cannot give legal advise or prepare documents on your behalf.
- Notaries cannot sign a document that does not contain a legally acceptable notary acknowledgement or jurat.
- Signers must appear in-person before a Notary can complete the transaction.
- Signers must have acceptable photo identification, that hasn't been expired past 3 years.
- If witnesses are required, signer must bring witnesses with them. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must be personally known to the individual whose document is being notarized and valid photo identification must be provided. The City does not provide witnesses.
- Do not sign the document until instructed by the Notary.
Not all Notary services may be performed at this location. Extensive notary requests, such as wills and real estate transactions, will not be accommodated.
For more information see Chapter 42.44 RCW, Notaries Public or call the City Clerk's Office at 425-413-8800.