Thank you Maple Valley for completing our Return to Play Survey! We received a lot of great feedback and will be making adjustments to our offerings. For more information please visit an activity's web page directly. We look forward to seeing you very soon!
Maple Valley is pleased to announce an update on the following facilities and programs:
- Summer registration dates announced! Camp Wild registration will be May 29 and general summer program registration will be June 3.
- Lake Wilderness Golf Course re-opened on May 5 with a number of preventive measures in place. The Clubhouse and restaurant remain closed to the public. Please contact the Pro Shop at 425-432-9405 or visit www.lakewildernenssgc.com for more information.
- With the arrival of fishing season, the boat launch drive at Lake Wilderness Park re-opened on May 5. Please consult the Washington State Department of Fish of Wildlife website for more information at www.wdfw.wa.gov
Following Public Health - Seattle & King County recommendations and direction from the State of Washington to help protect our communities from COVID-19, the City of Maple Valley has closed a number of facilities and park amenities. Those remain closed. Due to planning timelines for various activities and uncertainty of when a “Return to Play” may occur, the City has recently taken the following measures:
- All recreation programs have been canceled through June 21, 2020
- All rentals (including fields and park) will be canceled through July 12, 2020
- All community events (including the Maple Valley Family 4th) are canceled through July 12, 2020
On May 11, City Council approved the following update to Maple Valley’s “return to play”:
Phase 2 (earliest Re-Opening date of June 1): Parking Lots, Restrooms, Sport/Tennis Courts, Disc Golf Course, and Turf Fields for unscheduled use.
Phase 3 (earliest re-opening date of June 22): Programs, Playgrounds, Dog Park, Skate Parks
Phase 4 (earliest re-opening date of July 13): Rentals, Events, Drinking Fountains, and Turf Fields for scheduled use.
Dates are subject to change as the State’s Phases are updated and new information develops. The City continues to monitor the situation for a “Return to Play,” and will provide additional information as it becomes available.
We understand the weather is gorgeous (finally!) and many of you are away from schools and your work because of the COVID-19 virus. We are happy to still have our parks open for your use, we love seeing you out there being active and enjoying the outdoors.
- The Lake Wilderness Lodge will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- City parks and trails remain open, however, the following amenities are closed for the duration of the Governor’s Stay Home/Stay Healthy Order:
- Gaffney Grove Disc Golf Course
- Parking lots at all parks (excluding the boat launch drive at Lake Wilderness)
- Summit Park Dog Park
- Playgrounds, skate parks, restrooms, turf fields, and sport courts
- Outdoor drinking fountains are also turned off
The City of Maple Valley Parks & Recreation Department offers programs for all ages.
Click the link below to view our current recreation guide. Due to facility closures and social distancing measures, please note that several of the program dates published in The Guide have been adjusted. It is all inside! We have something for everyone.
City of Maple Valley Parks & Recreation Inclusion Guideline Summary
The City of Maple Valley Parks & Recreation (MVPR) strives to create an accessible environment in our general recreation programs for our diverse community. MVPR is committed to compliance with laws against discrimination on the basis of disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or the Washington Law Against Discrimination (WLAD). People of all abilities are invited to consider registering for any recreation programs offered, provided minimum eligibility requirements are met. To request accommodations within our programs, please submit the Inclusion Request Form 10 business days prior to the start of the program.
MVPR is pleased to offer programs designed specifically for people living with disabilities within our regular programming. Please note the listed programs in our Recreation Guide marked as “SuperStar” compatible. If you have any questions about accessibility in any of our programs, or the ADA/WLAD contact Allison at Allison.Scott@maplevalleywa.gov or (425) 432-9953.
Parks & Rec Class/Program Satisfaction Survey
Gender Equality Statement
The City of Maple Valley complies with the State of Washington's "Fair Play in Community Sports Act" (Chapter 467, 2009 Laws, effective date July 26, 2009) that prohibits discrimination against any person in a community athletics program on the basis of gender. Any questions or comments please contact the Maple Valley Parks & Recreation Department at (425) 432-9953.
Concussion Fact Sheet
Sudden Cardiac Awareness Fact Sheet