*T-Ball, Coach Pitch and Girls' Slowpitch leagues have been postponed. Registration will now begin April 17, 2020. Exact league details will be posted at least 3 days prior to the beginning of registration.
MV Parks & Rec has teamed up with Thrive Community Fitness to offer T-Ball (3-6 yrs.) and Coach Pitch (7-8 yrs.) leagues this spring! Our baseball leagues are non-competitive and players will learn teamwork and the basics of baseball: throwing, hitting, catching and base running. Coach Pitch players will continue working on all aspects of the game, improving their skills while beginning to hit pitches thrown by a coach. Team size is limited to 10 players with everyone playing defense in the game. Teams will practice once a week and play one game each Saturday. Each team's practice day and time is determined by the team's volunteer head coach.
Baseball practices and games will take place at Summit Park on turf fields. NO METAL CLEATS ALLOWED! Because of field limitations, practices will be scheduled Monday-Thursday evenings beginning at 5:45/6:30/7:15pm. If your player requires a specific practice time we encourage you to volunteer to coach. A special practice request can be included when registering but all requests (coach/friend/special requests) are considered but cannot be guaranteed.
*Preseason Coach's Meeting will be held Tue., May 12th
at 6:00pm at the Lake Wilderness Lodge.*
Game Schedule - Posted Tue., May 26 at 5:00pm
Picture Day Schedule
Player Concussion Form (To be turned into the team's coach!)
How to Register:
- Register online, click here!
T-Ball & Coach Pitch League Details
- Registration begins Fri., Apr. 17
- Registration deadline is Mon., May 4 at 5:00pm or when the league fills
- Practices begin the week of May 18
- Season runs May 30-Jun. 27*
- Age divisions available are: 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 Coach Pitch
- Player's age determined as of Mar. 1 of the current year
- T-Ball players must have turned 3 by Mar. 1, 2020
- Coach Pitch players may not turn 9 until after Mar. 1, 2020
- Teams are coed; boys and girls will play together
- Players may play up one division, never down
- Player registration fee includes team t-shirt and hat
- Players with specific practice needs can include special requests when registering; special requests are not guaranteed
- Each team's head coach will receive one FREE player registration (sorry assistant coaches!) and can register their player using a promo code - IF YOU PLAN TO COACH, DO NOT REGISTER YOUR PLAYER WITHOUT THE CODE
- Players must provide their own baseball pants/sweatpants/shorts, glove and cleats/running shoes
End of Season
*Please note, the exact season dates may be adjusted as needed. If the season is extended, each team's coach will receive an official announcement from the Parks & Rec Department.
Volunteer coaches are ALWAYS needed!
Volunteer coaches make this league work! Coaches do not need prior coaching experience and will receive preseason instruction, a detailed coaching packet including drills, games and training tips. If you are interested in coaching your child's team please submit your COACH'S APPLICATION (click here) to the League Coordinator.
Each team's head coach will receive a FREE player registration for volunteering their time! To receive the discount a completed Coach's Application must be e-mailed to the League Coordinator. Free registration codes will be sent to all registered coaches the day before registration begins.
How do I sponsor my child’s team?
For as little as $175, team sponsors can have their logo printed on the front of one team's t-shirts. Sponsoring a team is a great way to advertise and the children love wearing their t-shirts even after the season ends. Please contact the League Coordinator for more information. YOUTH SPORTS SPONSORSHIP FORM (click here). 2020 Baseball Sponsorship Deadline is Tue., May 12.
Maple Valley Parks & Recreation
League Coordinator: Bobby Quick . 425-413-6665 . Bobby.Quick@maplevalleywa.gov