MV Parks & Rec and Valley Medical Center's winter youth basketball league is underway! Use the links below to view your team's game and picture day schedule. Practice cancelations-as announced by the Tahoma School District-are listed below too! Remember, if school is canceled (holiday, power outage, snow, etc.) basketball practices and games are canceled too!
Basketball Game Schedules
Picture Day Schedule
Player Concussion Form
School Closures & Practice Cancelations
Below is a list of school closures that have been declared by the Tahoma School District. Practices are canceled these dates and will not be rescheduled unless the coach is otherwise notified.
- Feb. 6 - Summit Trail Middle School (STMS) Aux
- Feb. 17-20 -- No practices, Mid-Winter Break
- Feb. 22 -- No games, Mid-Winter Break
End of Season
Please note, games may be extended until Saturday, March 14 in case of a school closure (power outage, snow, etc.). If games are extended, each team's coach will receive an official announcement.
2020 Basketball League Details
- Practices begin the week of January 6, 2020
- Practices are held on weeknights at Tahoma School District locations
- Teams practice one night a week (Monday-Thursday) and practices begin at 6:00/7:00/8:00pm
- Games run January 18-March 7, 2020
- No practices or games the week of mid-winter break (February 17-22, 2020)
- Games may be extended to Saturday, March 14, 2020 if school is canceled (power outage, snow, etc.)
- Games are played at Cedar River Elementary (CRES), Lake Wilderness Elementary (LWES), Shadow Lake Elementary (SLES) and Summit Trail Middle School (STMS)
- Player fee is $90 (K-2nd Grades) and $110 (3rd-8th Grades)
- Player fee includes a team t-shirt and basketball
- Players may register and play in one grade level higher than their current but players may not play down a level
- Each team's head coach will receive one FREE player registration (sorry assistant coaches!) and can register their player using a promo code - IF YOU PLAN TO COACH, DO NOT REGISTER YOUR PLAYER WITHOUT THE CODE
- Players must provide their own shorts, socks and non-marking basketball shoes
- Mouthguards are encouraged but not required
- Refunds will not be granted after Tue., Dec. 3, 2019
2020 Youth Basketball League Sponsor
VOLUNTEER COACHES ARE ALWAYS NEEDED!
Volunteer coaches make this program work. Coaches do not need prior experience and will receive preseason instruction, a detailed coaching packet including drills, games and training tips. If you are interested in coaching your child's basketball team please submit your COACH'S APPLICATION (click here) to the League Coordinator.
Maple Valley Parks & Recreation
League Coordinator: Bobby Quick . 425/432-9953 . Bobby.Quick@maplevalleywa.gov