Maple Valley Parks & Rec and Pinnacle Medical Wellness's have teamed up this winter to offer our popular RECREATIONAL basketball league! Players will learn the fundamentals of basketball: dribbling, passing and shooting in a non-competitive atmosphere. All skill levels are encouraged to play. Our recreational league doesn't have tryouts or player drafts. Every child plays! Coaches and players looking for competitive basketball are encouraged to tryout for Tahoma Basketball Association.
- Mon., Jan. 21 ALL practices canceled, possibly rescheduled to Fri., Jan. 25
Parent/Guardian Concussion and SCA Awareness Statement
2019 Basketball League Details
- Games run January 19-March 16, 2019
- Games are played at Lake Wilderness Elementary (LWES), Cedar River Elementary (CRES), Shadow Lake Elementary (SLES) and Summit Trail Middle School (STMS)
- Player fee includes a team t-shirt and basketball
- Players must provide their own shorts, socks and non-marking basketball shoes
- Mouthguards are encouraged but not required
- Refunds will not be granted after the teams are formed in November
VOLUNTEER COACHES ARE ALWAYS NEEDED!
Volunteer coaches make this program work. Coaches do not need prior experience and will receive preseason instruction, a detailed coaching packet including drills, games and training tips. If you are interested in coaching your child's basketball team please submit your VOLUNTEER PAPERWORK (click here) to the League Coordinator immediately!
Volunteer coaches and assistant coaches must complete the following before the team roster is released:
- Submit the initial volunteer paperwork
- Complete the Background Authorization process online
- Submit Concussion Training certificate to the League Coordinator
- Submit Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training certificate to the League Coordinator
Maple Valley Parks & Recreation
League Coordinator: Bobby Quick . 425/432-9953 . Bobby.Quick@maplevalleywa.gov