MV Parks & Rec's and Valley Medical Center's winter basketball league has ended. Use the links below to view your team's game and picture day schedule. Practice cancelations-as announced by the Tahoma School District-are listed below too! Remember, if school is canceled (holiday, power outage, snow, etc.) basketball practices and games are canceled too!
*2021 Basketball League details will be
included in the 2020 Fall Recreation Guide*
2021 Basketball League Details
- Practices begin early-January
- Practices are held on weeknights at Tahoma School District locations
- Teams practice one night a week (Mon.-Thu.) and practices begin at 6:00/7:00/8:00pm
- Games will be played mid-January-mid-March
- Games are played at Cedar River Elementary (CRES), Lake Wilderness Elementary (LWES), Shadow Lake Elementary (SLES) and Summit Trail Middle School (STMS)
- Player fee includes a team t-shirt and basketball
- Players may register and play in one grade level higher than their current but players may not play down a level
- Each team's head coach will receive one FREE player registration (sorry assistant coaches!) and can register their player using a promo code - IF YOU PLAN TO COACH, DO NOT REGISTER YOUR PLAYER WITHOUT THE CODE
- Players must provide their own shorts, socks and non-marking basketball shoes
- Mouthguards are encouraged but not required
End of Season
*Please note, the season may be extended additional weeks in case of cancelations. If the season is extended, each team's coach will receive an official announcement from the Parks & Rec Department.
2020 Youth Basketball League Sponsor
Volunteer coaches are ALWAYS needed!
Volunteer coaches make this league work! Coaches do not need prior experience and will receive preseason instruction, a detailed coaching packet including drills, games and training tips. If you are interested in coaching your child's team please submit your COACH'S APPLICATION (click here) to the League Coordinator.
Each team's head coach will receive a FREE player registration for volunteering their time! To receive the discount a completed Coach's Application must be e-mailed to the League Coordinator. Free registration codes will be sent to all registered coaches the day before registration begins.
How do I sponsor my child's team?
For as little as $175, team sponsors can have their logo printed on the front of one team's t-shirts. Sponsoring a team is a great way to advertise and the children love wearing their t-shirts even after the season ends. Please contact the League Coordinator for more information. YOUTH SPORTS SPONSORSHIP FORM (click here). 2021 Basketball Sponsorship Deadline is Tue., Dec. 8, 2020.
Maple Valley Parks & Recreation
League Coordinator: Bobby Quick . 425-413-6665 . Bobby.Quick@maplevalleywa.gov