**Coaches have until 9:00am on Friday, December 21st to contact their players. If you have not heard from your coach by the deadline please contact our office to receive your coach's phone number!**
Maple Valley Parks & Rec and Pinnacle Medical Wellness's have teamed up this winter to offer our popular RECREATIONAL basketball league! Players will learn the fundamentals of basketball: dribbling, passing and shooting in a non-competitive atmosphere. All skill levels are encouraged to play. Our recreational league doesn't have tryouts or player drafts. Every child plays! Coaches and players looking for competitive basketball are encouraged to tryout for Tahoma Basketball Association.
Schedules [Avail. at 5:00pm on Monday, January 14, 2019]
Concussion Fact Sheet
Sudden Cardiac Awareness Fact Sheet
2019 Basketball League Details
- Registration begins at 8:00am on Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Registration deadline is November 16, 2018 or when the league fills
- Practices begin the week of January 7, 2019
- Practices are weeknights at Tahoma School District gyms
- Games run January 19-March 16, 2019
- Games are played at Lake Wilderness Elementary (LWES), Cedar River Elementary (CRES), Shadow Lake Elementary (SLES) and Summit Trail Middle School (STMS)
- Player fee is $90 (K-2nd Grades) and $110 (3rd-8th Grades)
- Player fee includes a team t-shirt and basketball
- Players must provide their own shorts, socks and non-marking basketball shoes. Mouthguards are encouraged but not required.
- Refunds will not be granted after the teams are formed in November
VOLUNTEER COACHES ARE ALWAYS NEEDED!
Volunteer coaches make this program work. Coaches do not need prior experience and will receive preseason instruction, a detailed coaching packet including drills, games and training tips. If you are interested in coaching your child's basketball team please submit your VOLUNTEER PAPERWORK (click here) to the League Coordinator immediately!
Volunteer coaches and assistant coaches must complete the following before the team roster is released:
- Submit the initial volunteer paperwork
- Complete the Background Authorization process online
- Submit Concussion Training certificate to the League Coordinator
- Submit Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training certificate to the League Coordinator
Maple Valley Parks & Recreation
League Coordinator: Bobby Quick . 425/432-9953 . Bobby.Quick@maplevalleywa.gov