2020 Basketball Registration begins Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 8am
MV Parks & Rec and Valley Medical Center have teamed up this winter to offer our popular RECREATIONAL basketball league! Players will learn the fundamentals of basketball: dribbling, passing and shooting in a non-competitive atmosphere. All skill levels are encouraged to play and our league doesn't have tryouts or player drafts. Every child plays! Coaches and players looking for competitive basketball are encouraged to tryout for a different league.
This basketball league is designed for RECREATIONAL players!
Teams practice one night a week for one hour. Practices are held Monday-Thursday nights and begin at 6:00/7:00/8:00pm. Games are played on Saturdays between 9:00am-4:00pm. Players in need of certain practice days/times are encouraged to coach and choose the time that works best for their schedule. Practice preferences can be included when registering but cannot be guaranteed. Coaches are always needed! If you are interested in volunteering please contact the League Coordinator ASAP.
Basketball Game Schedules - Avail. online Tue., Jan. 21, 2020
Parent Concussion Form
How to Register:
- Register online, click here!
2020 Basketball League Details
- Registration begins at 8am on Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Registration deadline is Fri., Nov. 15 or when the league fills
- Practices begin the week of January 6, 2020
- Practices are held on weeknights at Tahoma School District locations
- Games run January 18-March 14, 2020
- Games are played at CRES, LWES, SLES and STMS
- Player fee is $95 (K-2nd Grades) and $115 (3rd-8th Grades)
- Player fee includes a team t-shirt and basketball
- Players may register and play in one grade level higher than their current but players may not play down a level
- Each team's head coach will receive a FREE player registration (sorry assistant coaches!) and can register their player using a promo code - IF YOU PLAN TO COACH, DO NOT REGISTER YOUR PLAYER WITHOUT THE CODE
- Players must provide their own shorts, socks and non-marking basketball shoes
- Mouthguards are encouraged but not required
- Refunds will not be granted after Tue., Dec. 3, 2019
2020 Youth Basketball League Sponsor
VOLUNTEER COACHES ARE ALWAYS NEEDED!
Volunteer coaches make this program work. Coaches do not need prior experience and will receive preseason instruction, a detailed coaching packet including drills, games and training tips. If you are interested in coaching your child's basketball team please submit your VOLUNTEER PAPERWORK (click here) to the League Coordinator immediately!
Volunteer coaches and assistant coaches must complete the following before the team roster is released:
- Submit the initial volunteer paperwork
- Complete the Background Authorization process online
- Submit Concussion Training certificate to the League Coordinator
- Submit Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training certificate to the League Coordinator
Maple Valley Parks & Recreation
League Coordinator: Bobby Quick . 425/432-9953 . Bobby.Quick@maplevalleywa.gov