*The Girls' Slowpitch league has been postponed. Registration will now begin April 17, 2020. Exact league details will be posted at least 3 days prior to the beginning of registration.
Mirror, mirror on the wall, pretty girls can play ball! Get mean and dirty in our recreational Slowpitch Softball League for girls ages 9/10 and 11/12. This coach/player pitched, instructional league stresses the fundamentals of catching, fielding and hitting while advancing to sliding and defensive play during the season. Team size is limited to 12 players. Practices are on Monday and Tuesday nights with games played on Wednesday and Thursday nights. No metal cleats allowed.
**All players must provide their own face mask for fielding.**
We suggest the Rip-It Defender Mask from Amazon! Click here.
Game Schedule - Posted Tue., May 26 at 5:00pm
Picture Day Schedule
Player Concussion Form (To be turned into the team's coach!)
How to Register
- Register online, click here!
Girls' Slowpitch League Details
- Registration begins Fri., Apr. 17
- Registration deadline is Mon., May 4 or when the league fills
- Practices begin the week of May 18
- Season runs Jun 3-Jun. 25*
- Age divisions available are: 9/10 and 11/12
- Divisions may be combined if not enough players register
- Player age determined as of Mar. 1 of the current year
- 9/10 year old teams will practice on Mon. and play games on Wed.
- 11/12 year old teams will practice on Tue. and play games on Thu.
- Player registration fee includes a team t-shirt
- Players with specific practice needs can include special requests when registering; special requests are not guaranteed
- Each team's head coach will receive one FREE player registration (sorry assistant coaches!) and can register their player using a promo code - IF YOU PLAN TO COACH, DO NOT REGISTER YOUR PLAYER WITHOUT THE CODE
- Players must provide their own softball pants, glove and cleats/running shoes
- No metal cleats allowed
End of Season
*Please note, the exact season dates may be adjusted as needed. If the season is extended, each team's coach will receive an official announcement from the Parks & Rec Department.
Volunteer coaches are ALWAYS needed!
Volunteer coaches make this league work! Coaches do not need prior coaching experience and will receive preseason instruction, a detailed coaching packed including drills, games and training tips. If you are interested in coaching your child's team please submit your COACH'S APPLICATION (click here) to the League Coordinator.
Each team's head coach will receive a FREE player registration for volunteering their time! To receive the discount a completed Coach's Application must be e-mailed to the League Coordinator. Free registration codes will be sent to all registered coaches the day before registration begins.
How do I sponsor my child's team?
For as little as $175, team sponsors can have their logo printed on the front of one team's t-shirts. Sponsoring a team is a great way to advertise and the children love wearing their t-shirts even after the season ends. Please contact the League Coordinator for more information. YOUTH SPORTS SPONSORSHIP FORM (click here). 2020 Softball Sponsorship Deadline is Thu., May 14.
Maple Valley Parks & Recreation
League Coordinator: Bobby Quick . 425-413-6665 . Bobby.Quick@maplevalleywa.gov