The City of Maple Valley partners with King County for animal control and pet license services (MVMC 6.05). You may purchase a King County pet license at Maple Valley City Hall, by mail, or online; see below for more information. All cats and dogs within the City of Maple Valley must be licensed.
You can license your pet by one of the following methods:
- Mail. You can download and print out a copy of the pet license application form and mail it to King County. (link to King County)
- Online.You can apply for a Pet License online. (link to King County)
- In Person. You can buy a pet license in person at Maple Valley City Hall during regular business hours.
|Juvenile||Under 6 months of age; 6 months expiration||$15|
|Altered||Proof required (spay/neuter)||$30|
|Unaltered||Eligible for a $25 voucher toward spay/neuter||$60|
|Senior||Proof that pet is altered and proof that owner is 65 years of age or older is required||$15|
|Disabled||Proof that pet is altered and proof of disability [PDF] (link to King County)||$15|
|Replacement License||If your pet loses their license tag||$5|
|Service Animal||Statement that owner has disability and animal is a service animal||$0|
Benefits of Pet Licensing
A King County pet license includes many benefits:
- Found pets are reunited quickly with their owner. The Pet License office number is on the license. If someone finds your pet, they can call the number, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to get the phone number of the owner.
- Your pet gets a free ride home the first time it is found. County staff will attempt to deliver your pet home to you immediately, skipping a trip to the animal shelter.
- Your pet gets a longer care period. When found, your licensed pet will be safely cared for at the County Animal Shelter for a longer time.
- You and your pet get the Vacation Pet Alert. When you leave home on vacation, call 206-296-2712 to register where your pet will be while you are on vacation, who will be taking care of your pet and where to reach you. We will call the correct number if your pet gets loose during your vacation.
- License fees support the return of hundreds of lost pets to their homes and help adopt thousands of homeless pets to new families every year. Pet license fees also fund investigation of animal neglect or cruelty, spay/neuter programs to reduce pet over-population, and community education services.
Going on Vacation?
Regional Animal Services of King County has a "Vacation Pet Alert" program. Call 206-296-2712 to register where your dog or cat will be while you are on vacation and/or who will be taking care of your pet and where to reach you.
Animal Complaints or Concerns
City of Maple Valley contracts with Regional Animal Services of King County for all animal control services. If you have a complaint or concerns about an animal, please contact King County Animal Services.
Regional Animal Services of King County
21615 64th Ave. S
Kent, WA 98032