Police Department Banner 5

Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

I would like to write a letter to the Chief or someone else in the Police Department, how should I address it?

All correspondence can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 320
Maple Valley, WA 98038

What should you do if you see a crime occurring?

Get as much information as possible ie., location, description, etc. and call 9-1-1.

When do I call 9-1-1?

To get help for someone who is hurt.
If you see someone taking something that belongs to someone else.
If you see someone hurting someone else.
If you smell or see fire.

When NOT to call 9-1-1...

  • Never call 9-1-1 as a joke.
  • Never call 9-1-1 to ask for information.
  • Never call 9-1-1 to see if it works.

What is the Non-Emergency number to report a crime not in progress?

The number is (206) 296-3311.

What is the number for the Maple Valley Police Department?

The number is (425) 413-5158.

How do I contact a Maple Valley Police officer after hours?

Call the King County Communications Center at (206) 296-3311.

Records, Permits, Fingerprinting and Other Information

Where can I get fingerprinted?

The King County Sheriff's Office provides fingerprinting services. Please contact them for hours and fees at (206) 296-4155.

How do I apply for a permit to carry a concealed weapon (gun permits)?

Concealed weapons permit are obtained at the King County Sheriff's Office.

How do I get a copy of a police report?

Police reports generated by the Maple Valley Police Department are available through the King County Sheriff's Office by calling 206-296-4190.

How do I arrange for a speed trailer in my neighborhood?

Call the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager with the City of Maple Valley at 425-413-8800.

I am going on vacation and will be gone for more than 3 days, will Maple Valley Police watch my residence?

Yes, call 425-413-5158 and request a vacation watch.

What is Washington's new Child Restraint Law?

Click here for more information. [PDF]

Where can I have a child safety seat inspected for proper installation or receive training?

Visit the Safety Restraint Coalition - Washington's Child Passenger Safety Program for more information.


What are the rules about riding motorized scooters in Maple Valley?

Maple Valley has adopted the following regulations addressing motorized scooters and similar motorized vehicles:

  • Operator of scooter must be at least fourteen (14) years of age.
  • Scooters may not be operated from a half-hour after sunset to a half-hour before sunrise.
  • Scooters shall not be driven in excess of 25 mph on city streets or in public parking lots.
  • Scotters shall not be driven on sidewalks, in city parks, on bike, hiking, recreational or equestrian trails.
  • Helmets shall be worn at all times.
  • Person operating a scooter shall obey all traffic laws and other signs and control devices applicable to vehicles.
  • Scooters shall not be operated in a negligent or unsafe manner.
  • Scooters are subject to the provisions of the City's Municipal Code which prohibits public disturbance noises.
  • No scooters shall be operated with a passenger.
  • Various equipment laws apply to scooters.
  • Any infractions to set ordinance are subject to penalty of $100.00 per violation.

Please see City of Maple Valley Ordinance No. 0-05-288 [PDF] for complete list of requirements and restrictions.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer