October Updates (October 10, 2018):
Paving of Witte Road and SE 256th Street is tentatively scheduled for this Friday and Saturday (October 12th and October 13th); if circumstances require, an alternative paving date of Monday and Tuesday (October 15th and 16th) has been planned as well.
Century Link and Puget Sound Electric (PSE) will also be relocating their facilities to the new underground conduits during the next two weeks between October 15th and October 24th. This will require approximately 4-6 days of one lane closure within this time period. The city is anticipating reopening the SE 256th Street intersection when PSE has completed their work on October 24th.
Week of October 1, 2018:
- Underground utility work/trenching is expected to be completed by Tuesday, October 2nd.
- Utility companies, Century link and Puget Sound Energy, will require additional periods of one lane closures to pull wire through the newly installed conduits over the following two weeks.
- Culvert, wing walls, and stream bed enhancements are now completed.
- Final stream bed restoration has been completed.
Non-stream site restoration proceeding.
Week of September 17, 2018:
- Wing walls complete and back fill complete
- Stream bed cobbles and enhancements in place
- Large woody debris being placed – 70% installed
- Underground utility work in Witte Road scheduled for 9/17 through 9/28
Utility work will require one-way traffic control during this time. Expect Delays
Week of August 20, 2018:
- Box culvert installation and back fill is finishing this week
- Upstream wing wall installation beginning
- Upstream stream bed enhancement/restoration
Week of July 23, 2018:
- Project begins Monday, July 23rd
- The contractor has requested to install the fish passage culvert as a first priority
- Current conditions are very favorable to making this schedule change
- This will necessitate closing SE 256th Street requiring vehicles to use the Witte Road/220th Ave SE intersection instead
- Road will remain closed for several weeks until the majority of the project is complete